New electricity supply
Here at Crown Utilities, we understand the complexity of electricity services. Every site is unique which is why we provide a straightforward and customer-focused approach to ensure we understand your requirements from the outset.
Electricity connections for new builds
Crown Utilities can work with your contractor to install a new electric connection, at the right time of the build process. Our team will coordinate the installation and make sure that the service is delivered on time, so as not to slow or delay the process.
As well as our nationwide and fast-track service, our effective in-house system ensures complete efficiency when it comes to new electricity connections, installations and electricity meters. Whether you’re a domestic, industrial or commercial customer, we’ll guide you through the whole process from start to finish, and provide you with a new electricity supply on time and on budget.
What information do I need to apply for a new connection?
To apply for a new electric connection, it’s important to provide us with the correct information so we can get your application submitted as quickly as possible.
- The full address of the property that requires a new connection. If it’s a new build, the name of the site is required so we can identify it before the property is registered.
- A site plan/drawing of the property indicating where the meter is located or where you wish it to be installed. The drawing can be basic and it doesn’t need to be scale – we just need to gain an insight into the complexity of the work.
How long does it take for electricity to be connected?
As each connection is unique, we cannot provide accurate time scales without collating all the information from you first. An average installation can take anywhere between 6 to 12 weeks, but these are only rough estimates. The timescales differ as we will need to apply for permits to excavate on public ground and where the point of connection is located will determine how far on public ground we would need to excavate.
Once we have all the information and have spoken to all of the parties involved in the process, we are then able to give you an accurate timescale and date of completion.
Do I need to arrange an electricity provider once the connection is complete?
Once the connection process is complete, we will arrange for temporary electricity supply to your home. This temporary contract will last for 28 days and you will be placed on the cheapest tariff available at the time. You can then decide whether to move to a different supplier or continue with the supplier we have provided.
Can I do anything to keep the cost down?
We understand the importance of keeping costs to a minimum and saving money where you can. So to keep the costs down you can excavate the trench that will be used to lay the electric cabling. You can only dig a trench on your own property, within the boundary line.
If you do decide to dig your own trench it will need to be to the relevant networks guidelines (we can provide the necessary information when required), these are precise measurements and need to be accurate, otherwise, the process may be delayed.
- Cable laying (LV/11Kv)
- Civil works
- Jointing (LV Dead/LV Live/11Kv)
- Substation installation and commissioning
- Substation removal and decommissioning
- Service disconnection and removals
- Cable diversions
- Power cable installations
- Electricity connections and disconnection
- Increase/decrease of electricity supply
- Upgrade of electricity supply
- Site investigations and evaluations
- Temporary builder’s electricity supply
- Tailored contracts to suit contractors, developers and the end-user
- Generator with fuel management
- Project management of electricity schemes
- Provision, installation and/or disconnection of meters
To find out how we can help you, call us today on 0330 123 5665