Need a Temporary Builder’s Supply of Electricity or Water?
When carrying out construction work, you may need temporary electricity or water supply. Crown Utilities can provide temporary power for up to 12 months, with a short extension cable available if work is near to being finished.
Once finished, the temporary installation can be decommissioned if it’s no longer needed – or it can be converted into permanent electricity or water connection.
Temporary electricity supplies
Crown Utilities supply robust, secure, weatherproof and watertight housing for a temporary electric supply to large building sites within the boundary of the property. Temporary electricity supplies are available in 2 variations:
- Up to 70kVA – ideal for powering basic hand tools and lighting on a building site
- More than 70kVA – Ideal for commercial users that use large heavy machinery and lighting for site offices
Reasons for needing a temporary builder’s supply
- You’re building a new property that requires electricity during the construction phase for lighting and tools
- You need to power temporary onsite generators, accommodations or cabins
- You’re building or renovating a new property and you need to power site offices, machinery or lighting
- You’re demolishing the property and require temporary power to build another
If you’re planning to demolish an existing building and then rebuild a property, your existing electricity meter can be removed and converted to a temporary supply. Once the work has been completed the temporary supply can be converted back to a permanent connection.
As part of the process, Crown Utilities will conduct a site investigation to determine the existing infrastructure to see if it needs to be upgraded once the work is completed.
Ready for a permanent connection?
We will discuss your requirements at the start of the process and determine whether you require the temporary connection to be converted into a permanent one. This will include providing us with a rough completion date for the project. Once confirmed, we can arrange for the connection to be altered.
A temporary mains electric supply is not available, can I get a temporary supply?
If a temporary mains supply is not available at your property and you need to power machinery or generators, get in touch with Crown Oil and take advantage of their straightforward and hassle-free fuel management service. They will determine your requirements and arrange deliveries to any site in the UK to avoid running low on fuels at the most crucial time in your development.
Why choose Crown Utilities?
- Qualified industry specialists
- Unrivalled, customer-focused service
- Site investigations anywhere in the UK
- Minimal disruption to your site
- A team of experts on hand
- Dedicated Account Management throughout
Crown Utilities provides a one-stop-shop for all of your temporary builder’s supply needs which enables us to cut costs and completion time. To find out more about what we offer, get in touch today on 0330 123 5665.